I myself had never heard about “Cumulus”.. and I actually appreciated that.
I have 2 very good sleeping bags, but they are both the size of a microwave oven, and probably weigh the same, also they are both 4 season bags, definitely not what I was looking for, this time round.
I was looking mainly for lightweight and compact.. no doubt the Cumulus 300 Lite Line offers both.
The peeps on the above blogs did a far better review than I could ever do, so I will just jump straight to my conclusion..
Would I recommend the Cumulus 300 lite line?..
Before I answer this, you as the reader of this review must know that I am a 6.2ft / 1.85m fella.
This is definitely a 3 season bag, and in all honesty, I could have gotten away with a 2 season bag, however there were days I did need the warmth, and the Cumulus definitely did the job. It’s very light, and packs away to the size of a 1 liter drinking bottle.
I only used it as a blanket, un-zipped, ‘cos it was a very tight fit for my length and build
I would definitely recommend this sleeping bag for anyone shorter than 6ft / 1.80m and a slight build. The manufacturer does state under the specs that the max. user height is 1.85 / 6.2ft – Anyone taller than that I would not suggest this particular sleeping bag.
More info from the official Cumulus website
A classic and the most popular of our Spring and Summer models. It is characterized by a very low weight of 640 g using an advanced cell trapezoid design which gives it a great advantage over the competition. Made of the tried and tested Pertex Quantum fabric, weighing 35 g/m². It is a model that more ardent proponents of “Fast and Light” use even in light winter conditions.
- Fabric: Pertex Quantum, 35 g/m²
- Filling: Polish goose down, 850 cuin
- Construction: Trapezoid chambers
- Independently filled top and bottom of the sleeping bag
- 175 cm YKK separating zip with two self-locking sliders
- Can be opened and ventilated at the bottom of the sleeping bag
- Can be combined with other sleeping bags
- Full length, down-filled, zip insulating baffle
- Three-dimensional, elastic adjustable hood fitted with stopper
- Internal pocket
- Additional, large mesh bag to store your sleeping bag at home
- Total weight: 640 g
- Down weight: 300 g
- Weight of unfilled sleeping bag: 340 g
- Comfort temperature: 4 ˚C
- Limit temperature: 0 ˚C
- Extreme temperature: -15 ˚C
- Maximum user height: 185 cm
- Length: 202 cm
- Width (top/bottom): 77/51 cm
- Stuffsack’s dimensions (height/diameter): 22/16 cm
- Stuffsack’s volume: 4,4 l
- Number of down chambers: 34